Monday 17 June 2013

River Safari

My 1st visit to an animal farm/park this year was during my Taiwan trip last month. The 2nd was during my Kuala Lumpur trip few weeks back and 3rd was when I visited River Safari with Pat and her colleagues few days ago. It was a family-colleague outing and 11 people, including me, joined the trip. Pat asked if I was interested to tag along, and since I was free, I said okay. I think I want to emphasize that I am not a huge fan of animals, but it just happened that I've been to too many animal parks recently. @(.)And once again, for those who are in need of photographs of animals for your project, personal collection or whatever reason, please feel free to grab these photos. I promise this will be the last post you ever see me writing and posting about animals. HAHAH! ٩(๏̮͡๏)۶

Pat and I cabbed down from Woodlands and gathered with the rest at our destination. On our way there, the taxi driver kept complaining to us how horrible his last visit to the zoo was. Actually it was quite hilarious because of the way he described his experience, like how he grumbled about the smell of the animals etc.

The entrance fee's supposed to be 35 SGD per person. However, when we went there, the tickets were sold at a discounted rate of 25 SGD because the boat ride and the animal exhibits along the ride are not available yet. As compared to the past two farms that I've visited, River Safari houses a larger variety of animals, and in fact, there are some animals which I've never seen before. This makes it a little interesting for me.

Soooo, here we go!

A bunch of monkeys playing/fighting with one another. I think one of them snatched the stick away from the other monkey and now they are in a tug-o-stick-war
A hard smack on your face, see if you dare to snatch my sticks next time
The monkey on the right side says: I don't give a damn  இ_இ
Who's that making a din?
I know I don't look like a panda, but my name's red panda
And then we saw the famous Jia Jia and Kai Kai. In case you are wondering who they are, they are the two giant pandas which arrived at the Singapore Zoo from China last year on a 10-year loan. I heard that they are actually a couple. Are they? Anyway, the diet of these giant pandas consists mainly bamboo, and other food like carrots and apples. To welcome these celebrities to their new home, River Safari spent $8.6 million just to build the houses and create an environment similar to that of their native habitats. That's expensive.... Good life uh? ᵔᴥᵔ

That's Kai Kai lying and resting like a boss (°∀°)

It's indeed quite hard to spot Jia Jia outside of her den

20 kg of bamboo! That's really a huge amount. I wonder if there are ample supplies of bamboos for these pandas

The Mama Panda Kitchen located outside the Giant Panda Forest that sells panda-themed bites

Hi, I am a squirrel monkey. I am from a different species of monkeys which you saw earlier 
Ahem, no public display of affection please (^ω^\)
Planking on the handrail

No comments:

Post a Comment