Tuesday 18 June 2013

Mongkok Dim Sum @ 214 Geylang Road

After our River Safari trip, Pat and I went dinner at Mongkok Dim Sum. It's my nth visit there and I decided to blog about it since I own a blog and a camera now, which I previously do not. It was supposed to be a 15 minute walk from Kallang station. We got a little lost, probably because it's been a long time since I last came, and hence spent about 30 minutes trying to locate the place.

Mongkok Dim Sum @ 214 Geylang Road
Mongkok Dim Sum offers a wide selection of Dim Sum and Tzechar dishes at a rather reasonable price. I dare not say that this is the best Dim Sum spot in Singapore, but rather, this is one of my favourite places to fill my stomach with these delicious snack-sized specialties.

I was really impressed with the food and variety there. Both of us were spoilt for choice and everything on the menu was simply so enticing. I always thought how could a person be full from eating these small bites instead of a proper meal? Then I realised I was so so so wrong. We ended up spending a total of 33.80 SGD on the meal, which entitled us to indulge in 7 different types of Dim Sum, a plate of piping hot fried rice and a cup of drink for each of us. Good place to recommend for dinner or supper!

Let the photos do the talking instead.

My all-time favourite, pan-fried carrot cake

Steamed shrimp dumplings, one of the classic dishes in Yum Cha
Egg tarts! A must try there! Egg custard was really soft and crust so crispy

Chee Cheong Fan filled with shrimps. There are other variations such as BBQ pork too

Pat's favourite - Stewed chicken feet in spicy sauce

Siew Mai, another quintessential Dim Sum item not to be missed

Shrimps wrapped in bean curd skin

Pat and I shared this plate of Yangzhou fried rice



No comments:

Post a Comment