Wednesday 12 June 2013

Kuala Lumpur Trip 2013 Day 2: Istana Negara & Farm In The City

Day 1 itinerary can be found here.

The plan for that day was to visit the Istana Negara and Farm In The City, an animal farm in Kuala Lumpur.

It wasn't really considered a visit to the Istana, because we were only allowed to take photographs of the front of the palace and not permitted to enter it's premise. When we reached, we saw two royal guards riding on a horse and stationing themselves at the main gate of the palace. I was really impressed as they have to remain stationary and unresponsive despite being under the hot scorching sun. ʘ‿ʘ

Many other people, who I suppose were visitors as well, taking photos of the front of the palace

Istana Negara, which means National Palace in Malay

A royal guard seated completely still on a the palace's horse. These royal guards aren't allowed to move nor talk to anyone
Next up was the animal farm. My last visit to the zoo or animal park dates backs to the days when I was still a young kid, probably studying in either primary one or primary two. If not for the photographs taken with my parent's old antique camera, I would not even have remembered that I've been to the zoo. •(⌚_⌚)• 

I thought (actually, I've misunderstood) that we could see a wide diversity of animals there, but to my disappointment, there isn't. Maybe because it's a farm and you can only find farm animals, not elephants, pandas, or tigers. Anyway, this post would be filled with photographs of animals. For those who are in need for photographs of animals for your projects, personal collection or whatever purpose, feel free to grab these photos. Hahahaha!  ✌.ʕʘ‿ʘʔ.✌ I was perspiring quite a lot and hence wasn't in the mood for camwhoring. So there would not be much (in fact none except the above one) human photos in this post.  

You can find some rare animals there. According to the farm's website, they have the world's biggest species of rabbits and land tortoises. Because I came here as part of the tour group and the tour guide paid for our fees, I am not sure how much it would cost for a visit there

I guess this is the world's biggest species of tortoise that they mentioned
I see ducks in Malaysia. I see ducks in Taiwan too 
This arrogant-looking roaster. Sorry no offence  Smiley 
Munching on a sunflower seed

This bird looks a bit aggressive, don't you think so? Smiley

Lying comfortably on a patch of grass  Smiley 

No comments:

Post a Comment